IFS Response to the Coronavirus – 18th March 2020
We recently wrote to you to confirm what our initial activities and plans were regarding the coronavirus situation. We promised to give you a regular update and have provided this below, as at 18th March 2020.
We continue to monitor the situation in the UK very closely. The steps we are putting in place continue to follow those issued by the Government and advisory bodies and also include any further guidelines issued by the Toyota Group.
We are preparing for all scenarios, however, until any guidance changes we are operating business as usual.
During this very challenging time, and whilst there is a nationwide pressure on networks, we ask that where possible you and your drivers contact us via email rather than phone. This will enable us to manage inquiries in the most efficient and effective manner during this period.
As stated before, we will continue to operate as usual until any guidance changes.
BCP Working Party
After establishing a cross-department working party, comprising of senior leaders and subject matter experts, this group continues to meet on a daily basis and regularly monitors developments to ensure we respond quickly to any new guidelines. Any new developments are regularly communicated to our internal staff and provided in updates to our customers and supplier like this one.
High Risk Employees
One of our immediate priorities has been to protect our vulnerable staff. Over the last 24 hours we have identified our high risk colleagues across the business. The following steps have been put in place as a precautionary measure to ensure they are kept safe and well:
- All high risk employees have been sent home for the foreseeable future.
- We are working hard to ensure all employees have equipment to enable them to continue to work as normal from home.
In addition to the general precautions we referred to in our previous communications, we have taken the following actions:
- Arranging provision for deep clean at short notice, should a confirmed case of Coronavirus affect our building.
- Maintaining regular contact with our suppliers to ensure that we are fully aware of their own business continuity provisions.
- At the moment we are not aware of any supplier who is significantly affected.
- In addition, our key suppliers consider themselves to be providing an essential service so their view, as is ours, is that they should remain open even if the Government do place any significant restrictions on opening hours for businesses.
When any official advice changes, we are taking this into consideration and acting further on it.
We will continue to keep you up to date, especially if it looks as though there is a significant impact on either our own services or those of our suppliers.
Our Coronavirus updates to date can also be found on our website within the news section, which can be accessed here. And we will continue to add any future updates over the coming period to the site.
If you have any questions relating to the above, please speak to your Account Manager who will be happy to help.
Inchcape Fleet Solutions